Monday 14 May 2012


This is the presentation I didn't get to give today due to flash stick failure. One of the key features in my presentation at the moment is the relationship between the traffic flowing past the cafe and the people sitting in the cafe, who are at a lower level. The precedent I have used for this is the idea of a "fake pool" (http://ifitshipitshere.blogspot.co.nz/2011/01/fake-pool-makes-splash-all-over-world.html). By using this idea I can allow light in and gain a sense of privacy within the cafe, while pedestrians can still engage with the architecture. 

I have just done a quick render of what it might look like, to have water flowing over the glass there. A final render will probably be animated to show the tide moving against the side of the cafe, the water flowing over the top, and the light qualities inside the cafe.

The roof is the only form visible from street (wharf) level and is still a work in progress.





1 comment:

  1. Hey that looks really good.
    I was just wondering whether the pile allocation is based on the city coucil data (accurate). If yes, would I be able to get a copy of those because the archives are fully booked out unitl tuesday :( please.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete