Thursday 15 March 2012

Assignment one: week one

The story so far:

The focus over the first few days was to identify criteria by which I could select the optimum site for my coffee shop; to record the data; and to attempt to display as much of the outcome as possible in a single, easy to read graphic. It was working pretty well up to a point, but may need revisiting later.

I also identified some emotive, programmatic characteristics of coffee shop inhabitation (the dualities), which I'm beginning to explore this week and which will hopefully help inform the formal and spatial qualities of my design as the project develops.

The focus has now shifted from the urban scale to a small number of establishments, which I'm analysing in greater depth.

So anyway, here's the colourful part:






No comments:

Post a Comment